The environmental protection program has been an obvious topic for us for many years. Thanks to long-term conceptual work and continuous investment in the environmental protection projects as well as modernization of production facilities, TŽ has successfully continued to reduce its negative impact on the environment.
We consider compliance with all requirements of the legislation and valid environmental permits, including all emission limits, to be absolutely obvious. This is evidenced by measurement results performed by the accredited laboratories. TŽ production facilities are also operated at the level of best available techniques for the production of iron and steel, according to the EC Decision 2012/135 / EU.
In the field of air protection, dust emissions have been significantly reduced by more than two thirds in recent years, following a series of environmental investment projects. Today, all major sources of pollution are equipped with modern fabric separators. Emissions of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and dioxins were also significantly reduced. Other new projects to reduce air emissions are being prepared.
TŽ is also an active participant in the European greenhouse gas emission allowance trading system, in accordance with Directive 2003/87 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of Europe. TŽ is a World Steel Association certified member, contributing to the efforts to reduce CO2 emissions. Annual setting of energy savings and energy efficiency targets is an integral part of TŽ policy, which has a positive impact on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
In the field of water protection there is an effort to use this natural resource economically. Therefore, closed water circuits are built at all TŽ production plants to ensure industrial water recirculation. All industrial waste water is monitored and handed over for cleaning to other entities in accordance with the relevant sewage regulations.
A number of wastes, including hazardous wastes, are generated in Třinecké železárny. Waste is handled in full compliance with applicable legislation. The aim is primarily to prevent the generation of waste and, if this is not technically or economically feasible, ensure that the waste generated is recovered materially or energetically. Landfill is limited to landfills and is only accessed if no other method of disposal is possible.
Recently, the production of TŽ waste has been reduced by utilizing residual materials from the production of iron and steel as by-products again in the metallurgical cycle.
An important part of the environmental protection program is also the care of greenery in the company premises, respect for the bio-corridor of the Olše River and their tributaries, as well as protection and support of wild animals.
The environmental management system has been established, maintained and developed by TŽ in the long term, now according to EN ISO 14001: 2015. This system is an effective tool for continuous improvement in the field of environmental management with an emphasis on priority solutions to significant environmental aspects. TŽ also has an energy management system in accordance with the EN ISO 50001: 2011 Standard.
Emissions discharged to the air 1980-2020 (000 t/year)
Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2021, pdf 7,6 MB
Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2020, pdf 5.4 MB
Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2019, pdf 4.4 MB
Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2018, pdf 3.5 MB
Declaration of Třinecké železárny
Statement on Registration of Substances – Regulation ES No. 1907/2006 REACH
Manufacturer Declaration - EU Directive Reg. No. 2011/65/EU
Information about Providing Safety Data Sheets
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
Policy of Quality, Environment, Energy and Power Management, and Occupational Safety and Health in TŽ - MS
according to ČSN EN ISO 9001, IATF 16 949, API SPEC. Q1, ČSN EN ISO 14001 and ČSN EN ISO 50001
The key business activity of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s., and MORAVIA STEEL a.s., is the production and sale of metallurgical products for which their finalization and added value are increased. An integral part of business activities is the continuous improvement of quality, reduction of environmental burden including efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, employee health care and optimal improvement of energy management leading to reduced energy consumption. Taking into account the social responsibility of all stakeholders and with the efforts for the sustainable development of both companies and region, the following principles are defined in the different areas of the strategic framework:
Customers, our material processors and suppliers are considered partners participating in the quality of our products. The focus is on the current and future requirements of customers and processors. The emphasis is placed especially on the extension of cooperation with these partners especially in the area of most demanding products like wire, special bar steel and the products thereof, rails and seamless tubes.
Partnership with suppliers of major commodities, services and energy makes it possible to plan responsibly and react to the immediate situation inside and outside the metallurgical plant.
We respond to the requirements of partners, including state and regional authorities, to reduce the environmental impacts of used technologies and products and gradually remove the old environmental burdens of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s. Our endeavour is to follow the safety program for the prevention of major accidents, to prevent damage to the health of employees of the partner companies on the TŽ-MS premises. We provide all relevant information to our partners.
We also apply the principles of partnership to employees and social partners. By strengthening the elements of cooperation, mutual trust, information sharing, we strengthen the awareness of co-responsibility for the performance of production tasks according to customer requirements and co-responsibility for ensuring the safety of work and products.
The development of production base, technological and research activities are aimed at continuous improvement of product quality, introduction of new products and production technologies so that:
- the present and future requirements of customers and processors for the quality of deliveries are respected,
- the requirements for products in the regulated sphere (construction, pressure vessels) are met,
- raw materials, materials and energy are used efficiently and their consumption is reduced with the expected positive impact on the production of greenhouse gases within the climate protection,
- also take into account the energy demands of energy-saving process technologies
- and devices in multi-variant choices,
- reducing the amount of waste generated and increasing the proportion of its primarily material recovery in accordance with the principles of circular economy,
- total negative impacts of production on health and life of people, environment and property are preventively reduced,
- the occurrence of major accidents and their impact on the health and life of humans, the environment, property and business results are minimized,
The basis for providing qualified staff for TŽ-MS is the effective cooperation with state, regional and private schools, especially of technical focus. The staff training system provides for the needs of all existing and prepared development projects with the simultaneous suppression of unwanted fluctuations of key employees. Increasing intellectual capital is an essential approach to human resource management, leading to an increase of:
- qualification, knowledge and abilities of employees at all the executive and management positions,
- awareness of responsibility for quality and safety of products,
- awareness of responsibility for their health, co-workers' health and work environment,
- environmental awareness with the aim of prevention focused on decrease of environment pollution,
- standard of prevention of serious accidents at all the management levels,
- awareness of the need to effectively manage energy and avoid its waste.
Both manufacturing and support activities are subject to reinforcement of the principles of a process approach focusing on prevention, which, in conjunction with project management and teamwork at all levels, are the basis for improving all certified management systems.
The manufacturing processes, as the largest consumers, are planning their production with a view to optimizing their energy consumption in order not to exceed the set target values in ensuring compliance with both the labour and the overall environmental requirements.
The management system in the TŽ-MS Group responds to the changing business environment by optimizing management and production processes, in particular through the introduction of progressive planning systems, automation and robotics. The finalization of production processes is based on a zero-defect strategy, zero-delay in deliveries, especially for deliveries to automotive and petroleum industry.
Emphasis is placed on internal and external communication with involved parties of the results achieved. Conditions are created for the wide involvement of employees in the issues of integrated system improvement, incl. energy savings and their active approach is required.
TŽ and MS Management Commitment
All management members within their competences:
- provide sufficient human, material, financial and information resources to ensure the objectives, reviews their availability and adequacy and guarantees their efficient use,
- adopt decisions exclusively in accordance with legal regulations and standards,
- lead and motivate employees to work safely.
Company management expects the managers to:
- comply with the Company's Code of Conduct, in particular the prevention of corruption and respect for human rights,
- carry out the work activities by safe working practices,
- develop this Policy into measurable goals,
- elaboration of objectives into improvement programs in order to increase the level of the integrated management system and eliminate the causes of process risks.
Company management expects the company employees:
- to adhere to work and technology practices with active access to continuous improvement of the work of individuals and teams that leads to meeting goals and reducing costs at all workplaces,
- are not indifferent to wasting of electricity, water, gases and all other types of energy in workplaces,
- to work in a way that does not endanger their health and the health of their co-workers,
- that they will act in accordance with the Conduct Principles of Třinecké železárny, a.s., with the legislation and will take into account the legitimate interests of the employer and co-workers.
This policy on quality, environment, energy management and health at work is further developed into the objectives of quality, environmental, energy management and health protection at work in TŽ-MS.
In Třinec on 15th of February 2023
Ing. Jan Czudek, m.p., Chief Executive Officer, TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s.
Mgr. Krzysztof Ruciński, m. p., Commercial Director, MORAVIA STEEL a.s.