Quality Management System
The certificated quality system according to ČSN ISO 9001 is in consent with international standards and regulations. It provides guarantees that conditions for conformity of delivery with requirements specified by a customer have been created.
Since 1991 when a decision was made to implement a quality system to Třinecké železárny in accordance with the requirements of the European ISO standards series 9000, a preparatory phase has been running for two years and terminated in October 1993 by receiving the certificate.
The implemented Quality system complying fully with the requirements of the last amended version of EN ISO 9001 covers all pre-production, production, and post-production operations in metallurgical plants. It reacts to all significant changes inside as well as outside the company.
Product certificates for more than 50 metallurgical products of Třinecké železárny provide a guarantee for our customers that technical and utility parameters comply with the demands defined in the specific standards or conditions.
Since 2001, Třinecké železárny has implemented the Environmentla Management System and been certified in accordance with the EN ISO 14 001 Standard.
Since June 2008, the quality management for the automotive industry has been impelmented and certified in accordance with the ISO/TS 16949:2009, which is building on the quality system according to the VDA 6 Standards, we had been impemented since 2000.
Besides the Quality Certificates, Třinecké železárny has been awarded by following:
- Třinecké železárny incorporated the CSR into its Quality System; this was awarded the National Award for Corporate Social Responsibility in 2011
- The Quality System of Třinecké železárny accompained by the high level of the quality of deliveries was awarded the Supplier Excellence Award for 2010 issued by the SKF Company
- Our QS was also awarded the Quality Excellence Award for 2011 issued by the TIMKEN Polska Company
ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFICATE
ISO 14001:2015 CERTIFICATE
IATF 16949:2016 CERTIFICATE
ISO 50001:2011 CERTIFICATE
Quality policy, environment, energy and power management and occupational health at TŽ-MS
according to ČSN EN ISO 9001, IATF 16 949, API SPEC. Q1, ČSN EN ISO 14001 and ČSN EN ISO 50001
The key business activity of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s., and MORAVIA STEEL a.s., is the production and sale of metallurgical products for which their finalization and added value are increased. An integral part of business activities is the continuous improvement of quality, reduction of environmental burden including efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, employee health care and optimal improvement of energy management leading to reduced energy consumption. Taking into account the social responsibility of all stakeholders and with the efforts for the sustainable development of both companies and region, the following principles are defined in the different areas of the strategic framework:
Customers, our material processors and suppliers are considered partners participating in the quality of our products. The focus is on the current and future requirements of customers and processors. The emphasis is placed especially on the extension of cooperation with these partners especially in the area of most demanding products like wire, special bar steel and the products thereof, rails and seamless tubes.
Partnership with suppliers of major commodities, services and energy makes it possible to plan responsibly and react to the immediate situation inside and outside the metallurgical plant.
We respond to the requirements of partners, including state and regional authorities, to reduce the environmental impacts of used technologies and products and gradually remove the old environmental burdens of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s. Our endeavour is to follow the safety program for the prevention of major accidents, to prevent damage to the health of employees of the partner companies on the TŽ-MS premises. We provide all relevant information to our partners.
We also apply the principles of partnership to employees and social partners. By strengthening the elements of cooperation, mutual trust, information sharing, we strengthen the awareness of co-responsibility for the performance of production tasks according to customer requirements and co-responsibility for ensuring the safety of work and products.
The development of production base, technological and research activities are aimed at continuous improvement of product quality, introduction of new products and production technologies so that:
- the present and future requirements of customers and processors for the quality of deliveries are respected,
- the requirements for products in the regulated sphere (construction, pressure vessels) are met,
- raw materials, materials and energy are used efficiently and their consumption is reduced with the expected positive impact on the production of greenhouse gases within the climate protection,
- also take into account the energy demands of energy-saving process technologies
- and devices in multi-variant choices,
- reducing the amount of waste generated and increasing the proportion of its primarily material recovery in accordance with the principles of circular economy,
- total negative impacts of production on health and life of people, environment and property are preventively reduced,
- the occurrence of major accidents and their impact on the health and life of humans, the environment, property and business results are minimized,
The basis for providing qualified staff for TŽ-MS is the effective cooperation with state, regional and private schools, especially of technical focus. The staff training system provides for the needs of all existing and prepared development projects with the simultaneous suppression of unwanted fluctuations of key employees. Increasing intellectual capital is an essential approach to human resource management, leading to an increase of:
- qualification, knowledge and abilities of employees at all the executive and management positions,
- awareness of responsibility for quality and safety of products,
- awareness of responsibility for their health, co-workers' health and work environment,
- environmental awareness with the aim of prevention focused on decrease of environment pollution,
- standard of prevention of serious accidents at all the management levels,
- awareness of the need to effectively manage energy and avoid its waste.
Both manufacturing and support activities are subject to reinforcement of the principles of a process approach focusing on prevention, which, in conjunction with project management and teamwork at all levels, are the basis for improving all certified management systems.
The manufacturing processes, as the largest consumers, are planning their production with a view to optimizing their energy consumption in order not to exceed the set target values in ensuring compliance with both the labour and the overall environmental requirements.
The management system in the TŽ-MS Group responds to the changing business environment by optimizing management and production processes, in particular through the introduction of progressive planning systems, automation and robotics. The finalization of production processes is based on a zero error strategy, especially for deliveries to automotive and petroleum industry.
Emphasis is placed on internal and external communication with involved parties of the results achieved. Conditions are created for the wide involvement of employees in the issues of integrated system improvement, incl. energy savings and their active approach is required.
TŽ and MS Management Commitment
All management members within their competences:
- provide sufficient human, material, financial and information resources to ensure the objectives, reviews their availability and adequacy and guarantees their efficient use,
- adopt decisions exclusively in accordance with legal regulations and standards,
- lead and motivate employees to work safely.
Company management expects the managers to:
- comply with the Company's Code of Conduct, in particular the prevention of corruption and respect for human rights,
- carry out the work activities by safe working practices,
- develop this Policy into measurable goals,
- elaboration of objectives into improvement programs in order to increase the level of the integrated management system and eliminate the causes of process risks.
Company management expects the company employees:
- to adhere to work and technology practices with active access to continuous improvement of the work of individuals and teams that leads to meeting goals and reducing costs at all workplaces,
- are not indifferent to wasting of electricity, water, gases and all other types of energy in workplaces,
- to work in a way that does not endanger their health and the health of their co-workers,
- that they will act in accordance with the legislation and will take into account the legitimate interests of the employer and co-workers.
This policy on quality, environment, energy management and health at work is further developed into the objectives of quality, environmental, energy management and health protection at work in TŽ-MS.
In Třinec on 15th of February 2022
Ing. Jan Czudek, m.p., Chief Executive Officer, TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s.
Mgr. Krzysztof Ruciński, m. p., Commercial Director, MORAVIA STEEL a.s.