Quality Management System
The certificated quality system according to ČSN ISO 9001 is in consent with international standards and regulations. It provides guarantees that conditions for conformity of delivery with requirements specified by a customer have been created.
Since 1991 when a decision was made to implement a quality system to Třinecké železárny in accordance with the requirements of the European ISO standards series 9000, a preparatory phase has been running for two years and terminated in October 1993 by receiving the certificate.
The implemented Quality system complying fully with the requirements of the last amended version of EN ISO 9001 covers all pre-production, production, and post-production operations in metallurgical plants. It reacts to all significant changes inside as well as outside the company.
Product certificates for more than 50 metallurgical products of Třinecké železárny provide a guarantee for our customers that technical and utility parameters comply with the demands defined in the specific standards or conditions.
Since 2001, Třinecké železárny has implemented the Environmentla Management System and been certified in accordance with the EN ISO 14 001 Standard.
Since June 2008, the quality management for the automotive industry has been impelmented and certified in accordance with the ISO/TS 16949:2009, which is building on the quality system according to the VDA 6 Standards, we had been impemented since 2000.
Besides the Quality Certificates, Třinecké železárny has been awarded by following:
- Třinecké železárny incorporated the CSR into its Quality System; this was awarded the National Award for Corporate Social Responsibility in 2011
- The Quality System of Třinecké železárny accompained by the high level of the quality of deliveries was awarded the Supplier Excellence Award for 2010 issued by the SKF Company
- Our QS was also awarded the Quality Excellence Award for 2011 issued by the TIMKEN Polska Company
ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFICATE
ISO 14001:2004 CERTIFICATE
ISO/TS 16949:2009 CERTIFICATE
ISO 50001:2011 CERTIFICATE
Policy of Quality, Environmental, Energy system and Organizational Health and Safety in TŽ - MS
in accordance to ČSN EN ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16 949, ČSN EN ISO 14001 and ČSN EN ISO 50001
The key business activity of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s., and MORAVIA STEEL a.s., is the production and sale of metallurgical products for which their finalization and added value are increased. An integral part of business activities is continual quality improvement, environmental burden reduction, employee health care and optimal energy management leading to reduction of energy consumption. Taking into account the social responsibility of all interested parties and the pursuit of the sustainable development of both companies and region, the following principles in different areas of the strategic framework are defined:
Customers, processors of our material and suppliers are considered to be partners involved in the quality of our products. The focus is on the current and future requirements of customers and processors. Emphasis is placed on expanding cooperation with these partners, especially in the field of the most demanding range of wires, special bars and their products, rails and seamless tubes.
Partnering with suppliers of major commodities and energies makes it possible to plan responsibly and react to the immediate situation inside and outside the company.
We respond to the requirements of our partners, including the State and regional bodies, for reducing the environmental impact of the used technologies and the actual products while gradually removing old environmental burdens of TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s. We provide our partners with all relevant data and guarantees.
The development of the production base, technological and research activities are aimed at continuous improvement of product quality, introduction of new products and production technologies in order to:
- meet the present and future customers’ and processors’ requirements for quality of supplies
- meet the requirements for products in the regulated sphere (construction, pressure vessels)
- use raw materials, materials and energy effectively, to reduce their consumption which would have the expected positive impact on greenhouse gas emissions
- take into account the energy intensity of processes and favoring energy-saving technologies and equipment in cases with multiple choice options
- reduce amount of generated and increase its use
- preventively reduce the overall negative impact of production on human health and lives, environment and property
- minimize the effects of serious accidents on human health and lives, the environment, property and business results
The basis for ensuring qualified staff for the needs of TŽ-MS is effective cooperation with state, regional and private schools, especially technical direction. The employee training system covers the needs of all existing and upcoming development projects with the simultaneous suppression of unwanted fluctuations of key employees. Increasing intellectual capital is an essential approach to human resource management, leading to an increase in:
- qualification, knowledge and capabilities of staff in all operating and managerial positions
- awareness of responsibility for the quality and safety of products
- awareness of responsibility for own health, co-workers' health and the working environment
- environmental awareness with the aim of prevention focused at reducing environmental pollution
- prevention level of major accidents at all stages of management
- awareness of the need for efficient energy management and avoidance of its waste
Both manufacturing and support activities reinforce the principles of a process approach focusing on prevention, which, in conjunction with project management and teamwork at all levels, are the basis for improving all certified management systems.
The manufacturing processes, as the largest consumers, plan their production with regards to optimizing their energy consumption in order not to exceed the set target values in order to ensure compliance with both the working and the overall environmental requirements.
The management system in the TŽ-MS group responds to the changing business environment by optimizing the management and production processes, in particular through the introduction of progressive planning systems, automation and robotics. In finalizing production processes is applied zero error strategy, especially for the supply chains in the automotive industry.
Emphasis is placed on internal and external communication about the results achieved. The conditions for a wide involvement of employees in the issues of improvement are created, incl. energy savings and their active approach is required.
TŽ and MS Management Commitment
Within the scope of their competences, each member of the management:
- seeks to provide adequate human, material, financial and information resources to ensure the objectives, reviews their availability and adequacy and guarantee their efficient use
- takes decisions exclusively in accordance with legal regulations and standards
- leads and motivates employees to work safely
Company management expects from senior executives:
- compliance with the Company's Code of Conduct, in particular the prevention of corruption and respect for human rights
- that work activities will be carried out by safe working procedures
- developing this Policy into measurable objectives.
Company management expects from all of its employees:
- compliance with work and technological procedures with a proactive approach to continuous improvement of the work of individuals and teams that leads to fulfillment of objectives and reduce costs in all workplaces
- that they will not be indifferent to the waste of electricity, water, gas and all other kinds of energy in workplaces
- that they will work in a way that does not endanger their health and the health of co-workers
This policy of quality, environment and health protection at work is further elaborated into objectives of quality, environmental and health protection at work in TŽ-MS.
In Třinec 26th of February 2018
Ing. Jan Czudek, m.p., Chief Executive Officer, TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a.s.
Mgr. Krzysztof Ruciński, m. p., Commercial Director, MORAVIA STEEL a.s.