TŽ is a member of the following organizations:
Czech Steel Federation
This Steel association comprises steelmakers in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Its members are the main Czech and Slovak steel producers and companies that operate with steelmaking industry directly. Membership in the Czech Steel Federation fulfils the need of corporate cooperation in this era of global economy.
Association of European steel companies and national steel federations. Total revenues of the European steel companies reached approximately 190 billion € and give work to more than 360 thousand of mostly highly-qualified staff.
worldsteel represents approximately 170 steel producers (including 16 of the world's 20 largest steel companies), national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. worldsteel members represent around 85% of world steel production.
Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic is a voluntary, non-political and non-governmental organisation that brings together employers and enterprises in the Czech Republic. It is the largest alliance of employers in the country and represents a predominate part of Czech industry. It participates in shaping the Czech Government’s economic and social policy in order to create optimal conditions for business development in the country.
Corporate standards overview
Did you know that:
- Annual world steel production amounted to 1.5 billion tonnes.
- TOP 5 global steel companies produce approximately 20% of the global production, as much as 85% in the automotive industry.
- Among the TOP 10 world steel producers are - 6 Chinese, 2 Japanese, one Korean and one seated in Luxembourg.
- With regard to steel producers ranking, Třinecké železárny ranks at the end of the first hundred steel companies.
- Czech Republic is among the world’s top regarding the apparent steel consumption, after Korea and Taiwan.
Source: WSIF2012 (worldsteel annual report)