Třinecké železárny – Moravia Steel
We are the biggest Czech steelmaking company with domestic capital and we produce the largest amount of steel in the Czech Republic.
Třinecké železárny together with Moravia Steel and numerous subsidiaries ranks among the most significant industrial groups in Middle Europe. The tradition of steelmaking production dates back to 1839. At present our products are exported to more than 60 countries all over the world.
What product portfolio can we offer?
Have a look at our other products.
With almost every step you take, you can find steel made in Třinecké železárny:
Olympic Stadium in Berlin
Since the reconstruction in 2006, the roof of the Olympic Stadium in Berlin has been made from Třinec seamless tubes.
The wheels of high-speed trains, their springs, buffers and frames are possibly made from Třinec steel. High-speed trains in Europe go on the rails from Třinec.
A Skoda family car and a luxury Rolls Royce have bearings, gears, springs, suspensions, and axles produced from our steel.
Products in everyday use
Products made from our steel can be found in the kitchen, garden, bedroom or while shopping. Cases, fencing, spring mattresses or shopping trolleys are produced from steel wires.
5 curiosities that you may not know about Třinecké železárny:
- In 1906, we put into operation the first electrified rolling mill in the world.
- Since its establishment, Třinecké železárny has produced more than 170 million tons of steel.
- Wire rod is the top-selling product of Třinecké železárny in the long term. In 2012, sales reached 976 thousand ton. When taking into consideration the diameter 5.5 mm, the produced amount of wire rod would connect Earth with the Moon 13 times..
- In 2009, construction workers discovered a well-preserved Třinec rail produced in 1892 in the rail track near Jablunkov.
- The employees of Třinecké železárny drank 1,250,000 l of beverages in 2012.
New Grinding Line Will Improve the Quality of Wire Rod as Well as Consequent Products
Top quality wire rods and bars produced by Třinecké železárny guarantees a new line for billet grinding. Its construction has begun in the area of TŽ(...)
Třinecké železárny concluded the last year‘s economic result with a profit
Třinecké železárny confirmed a stable market position in the previous year and reached a net profit of CZK 2.78 billion while the crude steel(...)